Frequently Asked Questions

Questions about Permits and Regulations

Questions about Permits and Regulations


I live within the City Limits of Chewelah.  Can I burn my pine needles?


No.   Starting January 1, 2007, outdoor burning is banned in all urban growth areas in Washington State.  An "Urban Growth Area" is a term used by cities and counties to define where home and business development is allowed.   The City of Chewelah is an urban growth area.    This includes the portion of the city that surrounds the golf course.    The Outdoor Burning Ban pertains to all household yard waste which is leaves, grass, brush, PINE NEEDLES and other yard trimmings.    You may also not burn to clear land or trees, stumps, shrubbery, or other natural vegetation.   For more information contact click here.  

Planning a reunion or party??
If you are planning a family or school reunion or will be having a party this summer - don't forget to call the city for availability!! We can reserve the park, the civic center and / or the pool for whatever you are planning. Call George at 936-1961 for your reservations.

Don't forget our convenient drop box located in the parking lot in front of City Hall. You don't even have to get out of your car. Payments can be made after hours or on weekends.

Police Chief Notes
Check out the latest "Notes from the Chief" on Volunteerism!!!